K-12 Educator Resources
Through its outreach programs and interdisciplinary partnerships, ESI develops a wide variety of educator resources on environmental science topics:
ESI Developed Resources
- Archived Hot Science – Cool Talks: Complete archive of the previous Hot Science – Cool Talks with supporting educational materials.
- Planet Texas 2050: A more resilient Texas – Lesson plans for 5th to 12th grade science classrooms
- Caves: A Window into the Edwards Aquifer: In-depth information about caves and cave formations.
- Groundwater: The Lifeblood of Central Texas: Resources and information about groundwater ecosystems.
Jackson School of Geosciences Resources
- EarthLabs: Activities in each EarthLabs module represent a sequence for an integrated instructional unit. Each unit supplies a variety of lab experiences that can be integrated with learning from lectures, demonstrations, and readings.
- The Switch Energy Project builds energy awareness and promotes efficiency. The project includes a feature-length documentary, the world’s only video library dedicated to energy and a K-12 video and companion curriculum co-developed by NEED.org.