Intern & Volunteer Opportunities
Please note that the opportunities presented on these pages are for informational purposes only and the inclusion of any opportunity on these pages should not be taken as an endorsement of the opportunity by the Environmental Science Institute or The University of Texas at Austin.
All EVS students have full access to the Jackson School of Geosciences Career Center for job and internship postings, on-campus recruiting events, and career coaching. Additionally, EVS-Geography students have access to the Liberal Arts Career Center, and EVS-Biology students have access to the College of Natural Sciences Career Services.
- Mickey Leland Environmental Internship Program – full-time, paid summer internship placement program with the TCEQ, other state agencies, or in the private sector.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality – offers paid internships at the TCEQ headquarters in Austin or on the Texas State University – San Marcos campus.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship – offered through the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science, places students in paid internships in Science and Engineering at any of several Department of Energy facilities.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center – offers year-round internships and special projects in a wide range of skills sets, including vegetation surveys, education, horticulture, ecological design, communications, and more.
- Fund for the Public Interest – offers paid positions on its campaign staff where you will work towards a more sustainable and more democratic course by canvassing for organizations like the Human Rights Campaign, Environment America, and the Sierra Club.
- The National Council for Science and the Environment – advocate to improve the scientifid basis of environmental decision-making, offers paid internship opportunities.
Local Entities who work with Volunteers
A full list of UT Austin student organizations can be found on HornsLink.