Discounted Parking at San Jacinto Garage (SJG)
It takes 10-15 minutes to walk from the San Jacinto Garage (2401 San Jacinto Blvd.) to the talk location (see a map here). A discounted parking pass ($4) is available for the San Jacinto Garage if bought online by 10 p.m. on Thursday, October 25th. The discounted parking pass will not be sold after that time. Discounted parking passes are non-refundable. To buy the discounted parking pass:
- Go to https://utparking.clickandpark.com/ and select “Student Activity Center”.
- Select the October Hot Science date and buy the ticket.
You will receive a barcode or QR code. We recommend you print the pass and bring it with you.
To use your discounted parking pass, look for the blue scanner near the garage entrance.
- Enter the lane slowly and stop when the control column screen goes from blank to having “Access only” displayed.
- When this is displayed, insert your print out so the QR code or barcode is in the rectangle on the “Scan Barcode Here” sticker.
- The screen will change to “Waiting” and then to “Proceed” and the gate will go up.
Parking and Transportation staff will be at the entrance of the garage at the beginning of the event. If you have any issues, show your discounted permit to them for assistance. Or, if no staff is available, press the intercom button for assistance.
Special Event & Hourly Rates
The San Jacinto Garage will be in “event mode” on Friday, October 26th for an event at Bass Concert Hall. If you did not buy the discounted parking pass by the deadline, the rate for using this garage on October 26th will be $15. Parking and Transportation staff will be at the garage entrance collecting the event parking fee.
You may park at any of the other visitor garages and pay the regular hourly fees ranging from $6 – $12 depending on how long you park. To see a list of garages and fees, visit: https://parking.utexas.edu/parking/ut-parking-garages. Most visitor garages are a 10-15 minute walk to the talk location. When you enter the garage, pull a ticket from the grey machines and pay when you exit.
City of Austin Metered Parking
Metered parking is located along Dean Keeton Street between Red River and San Jacinto Blvd. Please read the signs carefully for parking rates and times.