Hot Science – Cool Talks have interactive community science fairs before every talk. Filled with interactive displays, engaging activities, demonstrations or resources related to the talk, they are something the whole family can enjoy. The interactive fairs are also an excellent networking venue for organizations across all science, technology, engineering and math disciplines, as well as private and public sector entities who wish to expand the reach and awareness of their programs.
ESI offers the following amenities to organizations, groups, and individuals that participate:
- Free tabling and exhibition space for displays and activities (see our YouTube video).
- Access to electricity and loading dock: We provide support for displays that require electrical power and can assist with load-in.
- Seating for the talks: Our talks often fill the auditorium to capacity. We offer tickets for the talks for organizations participating.
- Discounted Parking is provided for UT garages. Participants can purchase discounted parking for $3 at the event venue.
Fair participation details:
- Organization set-up begins at 5:00 p.m. The fair is from 5:30 – 6:40 p.m.
- Talk starts at 7:00 p.m., with seating for fair participants. It is recommended that participants begin closing down their displays at 6:40 p.m. Participant displays and tables are supervised by ESI staff during the talk.
- Talk ends at 8:15 p.m. after Q & A (times may vary depending on speaker).
YouTube Video: Interactive Community Science Fairs entertain everyone before the talk at every Hot Science – Cool Talks event!